Ms. Beasley has more than two decades of experience representing clients in a broad range of commercial litigation matters including First Amendment, libel, business disparagement, construction, trademark, employment discrimination, landlord and tenant, insurance defense, banking, immigration, and general contract law. She has trial experience at every stage of a lawsuit from extensive motion practice to deposition, mediations, hearings, jury trials, and appellate work.
Ms. Beasley began her legal career at the Houston firm of Liddell, Sapp, Zivley, Hill & LaBoon (now Locke Lorde). She then joined Ogden, Gibson & White (later, Ogden, Broocks & Hall) as the firm’s first associate attorney. After a brief sabbatical from the practice of law to pursue other interests and raise a family, she returned to private practice to add to her litigation experience at the international New York based law firms of Weil, Gotshal & Manges and Dewey Ballantine. She also practiced at the Houston litigation firm of Ahmad, Zavitsanos & Anaipakos.
Ms. Beasley joined Gregor Cassidy in 2016. She is a mediator with formal mediation training through the Dispute Resolution Center in Austin, Texas, and has served as a volunteer mediator at the Fort Bend Dispute Resolution Center. Ms. Beasley received her law degree from the University of Houston Law Center and her undergraduate degree in journalism from the University of Texas at Austin.
• Represented the fabricator of an international energy processing plant in a multimillion dollar construction dispute filed in the London Court of International Arbitration, resulting in a successful mediated resolution.
• Represented a business client in successfully appealing the denial of a trademark from the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
• Represented oil and gas royalty interest owner, successfully obtaining a new title search on grounds that initial title opinion applied an incorrect legal presumption, adversely affecting the client’s interests. The new title search confirmed the earlier incorrect legal presumption, entitling the client to a significant increase in royalty interests.
• Represented a subcontractor in a construction dispute before a three-person arbitration panel, resulting in a successful multimillion dollar judgment.
• Represented national and regional banks on various matters including litigation pertaining to loans, garnished funds, and forged instruments involving claims for breach of contract, tortious interference, misrepresentation, and claims under the Texas Business & Commerce Code.
• Represented a defendant in a business disparagement claim relating to an article published in Forbes magazine. On appeal, the court affirmed summary judgment for the client.
• Represented a major metropolitan newspaper in defense of a libel claim relating to the reporting of a car chase, ending in the shooting of a woman by an off-duty police officer. On appeal, the court affirmed the trial court’s instructed verdict on behalf of the newspaper.
• Represented a major metropolitan newspaper in defense of libel and invasion of privacy claims before the Fifth Circuit and on certified question to the Texas Supreme Court, resulting in case of first impression on non- recognition of false light privacy doctrine in Texas.
• Represented a family seeking to obtain international custody of their infant niece in Eritrea, following the death of the niece’s parents, resulting in a successful Humanitarian Advance Parole, adoption, and subsequent naturalized citizenship on behalf of the child.
• Represented a large waste disposal company in defense of unfair competition and product disparagement claims.
• Represented the holding company of a publicly traded investor-owned utility in litigation arising out of California’s energy crisis.
• Represented one of the nations’ largest trust companies in an alleged breach of ERISA fiduciary duties class action involving the valuation of tracking stock.
• Represented employers in claims involving sexual harassment and workplace discrimination.
• Represented insurance company in automobile personal injury claims, involving numerous depositions and mediations.Contact us for a free initial consultation