Mr. Gregor has a wide range of trial and appellate experience handling a variety of litigation matters, including commercial litigation and contract disputes, telecommunications and media law, securities litigation, premises liability and related tort disputes. Mr. Gregor has achieved successful results for his clients in both jury and bench trials, before arbitration panels, and before various Texas Courts of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He also has assisted his clients in a broad assortment of transactional matters; including entity formation and governance, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, license and access agreements, leases, and master service agreements.
Mr. Gregor serves on the Board of Directors for the Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas and is a member of the Media Law Resource Center. He is a sought after commentator on First Amendment and Open Government issues and has been quoted by the Houston Chronicle, Dallas Morning News, Austin American-Statesman, Odessa American, Austin Bulldog, and Texas Watchdog to name a few.
Mr. Gregor has been recognized as a Super Lawyer – Rising Star by Law & Politics Magazine for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. Mr. Gregor is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Texas Bar Foundation, the Houston Bar Association, and the Texas Aggie Bar Association.
- Successfully defeated certification of purported class action in securities fraud case against national brokerage firm, including upholding denial of certification on appeal to Fifth Circuit;
- Obtained multiple trial court verdicts in favor of national telecommunications company against various consumer lawsuits alleging breach of contract, DTPA violations and fraud;
- Successfully defended a national brokerage firm in arbitration against claimant alleging fraudulent research, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and DTPA violations;
- Obtained successful decision in the Fifth Circuit on matter of first impression in any federal appeals court, holding that various services of telecommunications company are not subject to the bankruptcy code’s utility provisions;
- Successfully defended a national brokerage firm in arbitration against claimant alleging unauthorized trading and breach of fiduciary duty, and obtained award on counterclaim reimbursing client for all fees incurred;
- Upheld on appeal a successful trial court judgment—awarding damages for counterclaim and denying the plaintiff’s claims of fraud and breach of contract—in favor of oil services company (successful appeals included Dallas Court of Appeals and the Texas Supreme Court);
- Upheld on appeal a significant award for several foreign investors against an international multi-level marketing company, including reversing a vacatur of the arbitration award by the district court (successful appeal was to the Texas Supreme Court);
- Overturned six figure default judgment obtained against national telecommunications company;
- Obtained dismissal of libel case filed against Houston television station by prominent local doctor who was reported to be engaged in criminal activity;
- Obtained dismissal of defamation and business disparagement case filed by condominium association against a prominent Houston real estate blog;
- Obtained summary judgment in slander case filed against editor of local newspaper;
- Obtained summary judgment for homeowner in defamation and business disparagement case filed by custom home builder;
- Obtained dismissal of defamation and business disparagement case filed against professional engineer by a competing professional engineer;
- Successfully defended mortgage broker against claims of tortious interference and conversion brought by competitor;
- Successfully represented health care benefits company in action it filed against competitor and former employees for theft of trade secrets and trade dilution, ultimately obtaining injunction against competitor that resulted in agreement from competitor to refrain from hiring former employees and to change name of business and all advertising material;
- Successfully defended telecommunications company against tortious interference claims made by competitor related to exclusive rights agreement to service residents of various apartment complexes and other multiple family dwelling units;
- Representation of national tax consulting firm against deceptive trade practices and consumer protection action filed by Texas Attorney General;
- Successfully defended telecommunications company in wrongful death case arising from electrocution incident occurring after Hurricane Rita, resulting in zero dollar contribution to seven figure settlement and obtaining reimbursement of over six figures in fees and expenses incurred by client in defending case.
Contact us for a free initial consultation